Nearly 70% of all freight tonnage moved in the U.S. is transported on trucks. It takes three million drivers of heavy-duty class 8 trucks to move 9.2 billion tons of freight annually. And to move all the freight, the U.S. government projects more than 330,000 new truck drivers will be needed by 2020.*
With an increasingly fierce competition for truck drivers, particularly with OTR carriers, human resource managers, fleet CEOs, and other executives need current, accurate data on truck driver compensation amounts and methods, to stay competitive in the tight labor market and make the best pricing decisions.
Prosperio Group’s Truck Driver MeasureUp® Compensation Survey has also introduced a new standard of frequency – quarterly reporting – to reduce lengthy delays from collecting to reporting.
Survey Data Features:
- Actual W-2 payroll results rather than self-reported averages or medians
- Truck-driver pay levels and practices
- Quarterly updates
- U.S. and Canadian fleets of any size and type for participation (private, dedicated, and for hire) using Class-A drivers
- All participants will receive a complimentary copy of the survey results for those quarters they provide data
- Online, on-demand access is scheduled for 2016
The Survey’s first edition produced reportable data for over 30 States and 50 Major Metropolitan Areas in the United States.
*source: American Trucking Association